Website Orbis Corporation
Location: Menasha Material Innovation Center
Reports To: Director New Product Development
Approved By: Robert Nussbaum
As an individual and team contributor, this role provides project management and coordination of all ORBIS departments in the development of material and product testing solutions. This position will play a key role in the company by driving the development of new material solutions. This individual is responsible in reaching consensus across the organization on prioritizing projects as well as assembling and implementing a work plan to achieve success. This individual calls on company and supplier technical experts as needed, to implement the work plan and has the ultimate responsibility in the implementation of these projects into a production phase.
In addition this position is responsible to prioritize the workload of the Material and Physical Product Test Labs and provide guidance and supervisory duties to the chemist and technicians that work there. This individual will coordinate closely with Engineering, Marketing, Quality and Manufacturing in establishing priorities, and project workflow.
- Develop and exploit commercially viable material solutions.
- Management of Materials/Product Testing Laboratories.
- Training and Mentoring of laboratory technicians.
- Cross functional planning, timing and communication
- Participation in cross-functional development teams as a leader.
- Provide linkage between Laboratory, Commercial (Sales/Marketing) and Production (Manufacturing)
- New material project management across all aspects of the business.
- Direct Chemist & Materials Lab Technicians prioritizing and organizing work through the lab.
- Direct Product Test Lab Technicians in the analysis, testing & development of new products.
- This position will support the execution and continuous improvement of the quality policy and procedures.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Role model and mentor to technical staff
- Troubleshooting as assigned
Minimum: BS in Chemistry, Engineering or similar technical degree.
Desired: MBA and or PMP certification with experience in plastic manufacturing based companies.
Demonstrated Work Experience:
- Four years of applicable project management experience
- Proven record of being able to work effectively within teams and across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated successes as a self-motivated and detail oriented technical contributor.
- Demonstrated communication skills – verbal and written
- Formal project management skills (PMP Certification desired but not required)
- Experience with polymer related products or physical testing
- Track record of being able to inspire and motivate technical personnel
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products, SAP, SharePoint and Job Boss.