Website Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Auto req ID: 5795BR
Title: Materials Engineer – Part Time to possible Full Time
Job Function: Engineering
State and City: Wisconsin, Wauwatosa
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Part-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
This position reports to the Materials Engineering Group and supports the development activities at the Willie G Davidson Product Development Center. This includes providing material selection guidance to the design community and consultation with design engineers, purchasing analysts and suppliers to deliver optimized and innovative materials and processes. Working with state of the art Materials Lab equipment and international standardized test machines, this exciting role will provide detailed material failure analysis and drive cutting edge material development in Polymeric Systems. This position also continuously improves material standards, design guidelines, test process documentation and innovation technical roadmaps to deliver personalized freedom to our customers.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Engineering, or related field.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience. In addition, you will demonstrate the following:
• Demonstrates a good understanding of the properties, chemistries, processes and application of common polymers, their reinforcements and adhesives.
• Has a basic understanding of laboratory test techniques, tools, materials evaluation and analysis.
• Practiced in preparing samples for defect analysis and using material characterization techniques.
• Ability to prepare samples for defect analysis. Creation of effective and professional documentation of results and collaboratively supported conclusions.
• Experienced in the use of analytical tools for studying polymers and adhesives
• Basic understanding to assess design requirements for parts/projects, provide material and process selection, and optimization guidance based on those requirements.
• Keen interest in learning and developing skills in the area of fracture analysis, material selection processes and cutting edge polymeric systems.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
• Be accountable
• Model Integrity
• Value Individuality and Diversity
• Inspire Teamwork
• Encourage Creativity
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0-10%
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.harley-davidson.com/job/Wauwatosa-Materials-Engineer-Part-Time-WI-53208/436891400/ →