“Wonders of Plastics” Essay Contest 2019
The Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) presents our Annual “Wonders of Plastics” essay contest. Open to all middle/junior high and high school students, the essay must be sponsored by a teacher and must meet certain requirements – See page 2 of application form.
- First prize $250 (one winner in High School and Elementary Division)
- Second Prize $125 (one winner in High School and Elementary Division)
Topics to consider
- Advantages of plastics in food packaging
- Creative use of recycled plastics
- How plastics benefit humankind
- How plastics improve our lifestyle
- Plastics in the environment
- Plastics usefulness in society
- What plastics has done for me
- Why the bad reputation of plastics is wrong
All essay submissions must be received at the SPE Section address, listed below, along with the entry form, by February 28th, 2019.
- The winning entry for each participating local affiliation (Section) will be publicized in the Section’s Newsletter.
- Entry forms may be copied, but each essay must be attached to a form; essays will not be returned and become the property of SPE.
- Essays may be co-authored.
Submit your Essay to:
SPE Milwaukee Section
W271 N5310 Jessica Drive
Pewaukee, WI 53072
*Send 1 copy to the above email and 1 hard copy to the address listed above.
Entry must be received by Feb 28th, 2019!
The winning entry for each participating local affiliation (Section) will be publicized in the Section’s Newsletter and awards will be presented at the Annual SPE Education night in April.