Grant Applications & Scholarships
Pewaukee, WI (PRESS RELEASE)
The Milwaukee Society of Plastics Engineering Education Foundation awarded $67,776 in grants to Wisconsin schools in 2021.
A total of $59,000 was awarded for grants in 2020. $56,000 was awarded in 2019. This foundation has been awarding grants to Wisconsin schools since the 1990’s.
Each year the Milwaukee Society of Plastics Engineering Education Foundation reviews applications from qualified Wisconsin schools. Recipients are awarded the grant based on a vote by elected members of the education foundation. The requests for grants range from a $4000 3D printer for Oconomowoc High School, to a $4700 extruder for UW Madison, to an $8000 injection molding unit for Waterford Union High School.
The foundation also helps support SPE student chapters at the University of Wisconsin Madison, University of Wisconsin Stout and the University of Wisconsin Platteville.
Schools interested in applying for a grant in 2022 should submit an application by November 1, 2022. Download an application here!
Complete the application and send it to: email@example.com
Grant and Scholarship Beneficiaries
Since its inception in 1983, the Education Foundation has made many awards to a growing list of worthy institutions of beginning and higher education. The distribution of grants for equipment and other educational purposes is represented in the following partial list:
- Alma School District
- Bay View Middle & High School
- Brown Deer Middle School
- Catholic Central High School
- Clintonville High School
- Discovery World (Milwaukee)
- Fort Atkinson High School
- Gateway Technical College
- Lake Country K-8 School
- Hortonville Area School District
- Howard’s Grove High School
- Kimberly High School
- Mishicot Hight School
- Moraine Park Technical College
- Mount Horeb Middle School
- MPS Samuel Morse Middle School
- Nikolay Middle School
- North Crawford Middle School
- North Lake Middle School
- North Star Middle School
- Northland Pines High School
- Notre Dame De La Baie Academy
- Richmond Middle School
- Sally Ride Academy
- Sheboygan North High School
- Sheboygan South High School
- Stone Bank K-8 School
- St. Thomas More High School
- Sussex Hamilton Middle School
- Waukesha County Technical College
- Wauwatosa School District
- Watertown High School
- West Bend West High School
2019-2020 Grant Scholarships
Milwaukee SPE Education Foundation reviewed and voted on recipients of the grant awards. There were 24 grant applications. The foundation is allowed to use the money we earn from interest on the Foundation Fund. A total of $58,240 was awarded. Listed below are the grants showing the schools, the award amount and the education item
- Merton Community School District. $10,000 – Lazer cutter
- Forest Park Middle School. $7,999 – Upgrade CNC router for mold making
- Kennedy Middle School. $3,000 – DME MUD Quick change U Frame
- Luck High School Tech Ed. $2,100 – 3D Printer
- St Croix HS. $2,325- Desktop injection molding machine.
- Fort Atkinson Middle School. $2,700 – Dremel 3D printer
- Sheboygan Falls High School. $7,999 – Waterjet Wazer to cut inserts for tools used in their 33 ton injection machine.
- Waukesha North. $9,250 – Modix Big 120X Large Format 3D Printer
- Chilton Middle School. $1,000 – 3D printer
- Southwestern WI School Dist. $2,500 – Dremel 3D Printer
- Fond du Lac School Dist. $5,190 – SLA 3D Printer
- Rice Lake Middle School. $4,195 – 3D Printer
2018-2019 SPE Donations Total $52,567:
Past Grant Recipient – Darcy Davis UW Madison
Pictured is Jack Hill (SPE Education Foundation Treasure) and Darcy Davis. Darcy is the 2016 winner of the Bob Mehn scholarship award winner in the amount of $2000. Read Darcy’s Letter – uwm-spe-bob-mehn-winner-letter-201610.